Video logs (VLOG) are video versions of blogs where you share information on camera. Videos are a very popular way to share information and increase traffic to your website. Your videos should be relevant, succinct, and they should absolutely stay on-topic. When linking to a video create a good summary and description and link to your website in the description field. You should include your website URL in all of your marketing material. Here are some tips for an effective VLOG:
- Include keywords in the description.
- Create a succinct and well-written description.
- Consider adding closed captioning. Do NOT use the automatic closed captioning because they often get the text wrong.
- When creating the video use good lighting and a quality microphone.
- Avoid extraneous conversation and keep on-topic.